viernes, 1 de julio de 2011

I dreamed a dream

We were walking down the street, chatting about the same old usual glee, probably singing something like "Lucky" or "Loser like me". We got to the stop, your stop, the bus stop, where the rest of them where standing. 


You stopped talking. Your sister was staring at you. 


-Do something. Tell her. - she almost screamed at you.
-Ma, why are you being so sweet to me?

Everything was quiet. Not a word escaped your mouth.


-That's the only question you're not going to answer, right?


You nodded. I laughed, disappointed. 


Your sister pushed you away by the arm, dragged you away muttering about needing to talk to her brother for a second. I stayed, among the rest of the people, saying hi to the ones I knew.


You came back, smiling that delightful smile that always made me loose track of space and time. I smiled back, not knowing what to do. Your sister was very clear: "Go talk, I'll call you when the bus comes". She pushed me, nearly making me fall but you grabbed me just in time, hugging me from behind. I have to say, for a dream, it was pretty fucking real.


My heart raced as your perfume flooded my nostrils. I  obviously wanted to run away and turn into a tomato in the corner of my room, still I doubted you'd let go. And I was right, you didn't.


-Why where you falling? Do you like the ground?
-Your sister pushed me.
-But I caught you, didn't I?


You hugged me tighter. I sighed, feeling right for a change.


-So, you're not going to answer?- I said, turning my head so that my cheek and my left eye faced his cheek, then I looked up to you, briefly enough to know I was going to get a different answer.
You lowered your face, suddenly appearing really tall, and leveled it up to my cheek. Then, you whispered in a way only you know how.


-I like you, sometimes too much to even admit it.


Not letting go, I pressed my cheek against your chest. You turned me around, making me face you. I have to admit, I felt my heart was going to blow up any minute. Somehow, it did.


You took my cheek, just like you had done the other day, between one of your palms, and you kissed me, smoothly, gently, softly, and all the other  "ly"'s you can find that are sweet, because you are sweet.


You let go of my face and hugged me tight. I woke up. That was the firs time I regretted waking up. Certainly the best dream of my entire life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario